LCCI Level 1: Certificate in Bookkeeping
|Start Date: 03 May 2014|
|Duration: May - September|
PLAN YOUR GOAL IN YOUR MIND
1. May - September (Summer)
2. October - April (Winter)
3. January - June (Spring)
4. January - March (Intensive)
5. April - June (Intensive)
6. September - November (Intensive)
1. Beginning of November
2. Beginning of April
3. Beginning of July
4. On demand
5. On demand
6. On demand
To enable candidates to develop:
- An understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transactions.
- The ability to maintain the books of, and prepare final accounts for, sole traders.
- The Accounting Equation and the basis of double entry book-keeping.
- Recording transactions through double-entry.
- Balancing accounts.
- The ledger: its subdivision.
- Day books.
- Bank facilities/methods of payment or receipt of money.
- Cash book and cash discount.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Petty cash book and the imprest system.
- Trial balance.
- Adjusting for accruals and prepayments in the final accounts.
- Depreciation of fixed assets.
- The entries relating to bad debts.
- The journal.
- Capital and revenue expenditure.
- Errors in the accounts and their correction.
- Effect of profit (or loss) and drawings upon capital.
- Trading and Profit and Loss accounts.
- The Balance Sheet.
- Control accounts - an introduction.
Candidates are assessed by a 2.5 hour paper-based examination. The examination paper consists of four questions, with at least two questions on key topics as detailed in the syllabus. Candidates must do all four questions.
The answers required will be predominantly of a quantitative nature but candidates will be expected to demonstrate their understanding of the subject at an appropriate level.
- Pera Chorio-Nisou
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
T: +357 22670778
|More links from the same category:|
|EDEXCEL GCE A-Level: Accounting|
|LCCI Level 3: Certificate in Accounting|
|LCCI Level 2: Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts|
|LCCI Level 1: Certificate in Bookkeeping|
|Pancyprian Exams: Accounting|
|Pancyprian Exams: Economics|
|LCCI Level 3: Award in Computerised Accounting Skills|
|LCCI Level 2: Award in Computerised Bookkeeping Skills|
Antonis Loyides (ACA, FCA),
Grant Thornton (Cyprus) Ltd
Cyprus Productivity Centre
Maritsa Polycarpou Ioannou,
Cyprus Airways Public Ltd
Andreas Neokleous & Co LLC
Cyprus Airways Public Ltd
Head - Physical Security Department
Marfin Laiki Bank
Ibaa Ghafari Meibar
Emedia Ltd (member of GAP Vasilopoulos Group)
Eugenia Herodotou Alexandrou,
Sales & Marketing Manager,
Energy Intel Services Ltd
Pennville Holdings Ltd